- The problems caused or worsened by coal have been developing over time and cannot be fixed by a single solution overnight.
- Progress in the coalfields has been hard-fought and sustained through proactive plans focused on solutions.
- Citizens Coal Council (CCC) has been working to promote transparency and accountability in legislative and regulatory bodies, as well as decision-making affecting communities impacted by coal.
- CCC has formed alliances with over 60 groups concerned with coal's impact, which have been integral to their efforts.
Click on each initiative below to find out more about our work in these areas.
READ CCC-SPONSORED REPORTS
- Undermining Trust: The Collapse of Environmental Protection in PA, A Review and Analysis of PADEP's 5th Act 54 Report & A 25 Year Summary. (Schmid & Company, Inc., 2021)
- LONGWALL MINING A to Z: Learning from the Pennsylvania Experience (Schmid & Company, Inc., 2016)
- The Increasing Damage from Underground Coal Mining in Pennsylvania: A Review and Analysis of the PADEP’s Third Act 54 Report (Schmid & Company, Inc., 2011)
- A Need to Identify “Special Protection” Status and Apply Existing Use Protections to Certain Waterways in Greene and Washington Counties Pennsylvania (Schmid & Company, Inc., 2010)
- Protection of Water Resources From Longwall Mining Is Needed in Southwestern Pennsylvania (Schmid & Company, Inc., 2011)