The Citizens Coal Council serves several functions, including the provision of a central organization and office for the sharing and dissemination of relevant information to all member groups and individuals, the continuation of a coordinated voice for communication with legislatures and governmental agencies that regulate mining, processing and burning of coal, and the provision of active assistance to new and existing community groups.
WHAT WE WILL DO:
- Continue our watchdog efforts on corporate targets and environmental government agencies;
- Provide a forum to exchange ideas;
- Serve as a vehicle for bringing issues before national policymakers;
- Monitor national regulations, policies and legal decisions;
- Serve as a portal for new groups with compatible interests to join CCC’s community of interests;
- Serve as a mutual support group among coalfield leaders;
- Encourage strategic alliances to connect grassroots coalfield groups to broader national environmental organizations and efforts;
- Continue our work to place the devastating impacts of the whole coal on the national radar screen.